Welcome to 5600 Harbord Drive in Oakland. My kids, Isaac and Georgia are helping with this video tour today because we know this home better than any other. It’s ours and it’s for sale. We want to show you some of our favorite features and tell you about living here...
First, there is this— the living floor is level out to the back yard. This home is all about the indoor-outdoor flow.
- There is a Large lawn for soccer matches
- A custom day bed for lounging
- An Outdoor TV, dominated by ESPN for us.
- The tree house hosts endless hours of fun and so does the tree
- A covered patio for outdoor dining
This yard is my husband’s labor of love each plant, stone rock and stake — all done my husband, Trevor. The three of us have truly enjoyed the fruits of his labor
- He took out a pool for to make space for the lawn.
- He built the grape stake fence from the wood from the fence that previously wrapped the property.
- He built the tree house with and his dad.
- Each succulent born and raised right here by him.
- Nearly every rock of the retaining walls were carried in and placed by him
Now, let’s continue the tour room by room. I’ll start at the top floor and work my way down the floor plan.
Bedroom 1 — This room is HUGE! The light in this one is incredible, and the dormers make for fancy ceilings and extra storage. Bedroom 2 - The guest room, this one mirrors bedroom 1, except where the extra play space nook is in that one this one has a private balcony, you gotta love that…Between the rooms is a cheerful bathroom, but even better, there is a laundry shoot! Going down to the laundry floor from the linen closet.
The main floor lives in a circle, dining to Kitchen to living. It’s great for chasing kids, or siblings. Bedroom 3 is the primary bedroom. Personally I think it has the 4 Seasons Hotel beat — w/La Cantina doors, vaulted ceiling, 3 closets, a luxury shower, heated floors & my favorite… its romantic deck.
Bedroom 4 - On the lowest level, has its own bath, separate entrance and is also huge — It is suitable for many uses. Maybe a granny unit, family room or office — last year we used it as a POD school!
Before you go — do make note of two more things 1) behind the play room is more storage than you would ever need. There is also a REAL 2 car garage, meaning you can really park 2 cars in it… In front of your cars there is eve more space for storage — or what we used as a workshop wall…
Because it is mine, I’m admittedly bias about how wonderful it is — Trevor and I revived it from fixer to fabulous. Our hearts ache to leave it, but we know this home is ready for a new owner to love all it has to offer.